Armstrong Elementary School PTA
Welcome To Your PTA Website!
The Armstrong Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a non-profit organization that operates from donations, fundraisers, and many volunteers in order to operate our programs and give back to the school. This organization is for anyone in the Armstrong community who cares about our students to join - parents, teachers, grandparents, administrators, all are welcome!
Things To Know About Your PTA
- We appreciate EVERYONE's membership, whether or not you are able to volunteer. Of course, if you have the heart and the time, we'd love to have your help! But you will not be pressured into volunteering unless you're looking to get more involved.
- Each new school year begins new PTA membership. Your PTA membership will be good for the entire school year, but will need to be renewed each year.
- If you are unable to volunteer your time, please consider offering your financial support just by joining! You will have the satisfaction of knowing your support helps fund events and activities for the children throughout the year.
- If you choose to attend a PTA meeting, there will be opportunities to get involved, but no pressure and no judgement. We just appreciate a chance to talk with you and get fresh, new ideas and support!
- Research indicates that parent involvement in education is linked to higher grades, better attendance, and better schools. Also, involved parents have better access to information about opportunities for students, allowing them to be stronger advocated for their children.
- While it is true that we won't pressure you to volunteer, it is also true that the PTA only survives with volunteers. If you're thinking of being more involved at Armstrong, let us know. You can decide on your time commitment. More hands make for lighter work for us all!
So many ways to be involved - even just your yearly financial contribution helps us SO MUCH!
The PTA Blast is an email newsletter that is sent out twice a month at the beginning of the week during the school year. This newsletter is filled with information that will be helpful as you navigate our school! If you would like to subscribe to the PTA Blast, submit your email address below. Then be sure to head over here to join the PTA!
Where Do My Membership Dues Go?
- The National PTA Organization, which provides us with support all year
- Fall Family PTA Movie Night
- Yearly gift to the school (ex: new laptops for students!)
- After-school classes for students
- Ice Cream Social to kick off the school year
- Parent/Staff Kickball Game to end the school year
- Luncheons, hospitality events, teacher appreciations
- Special school-wide art events and guest speakers
- Skate Night
- PTA Reflections